‘I’, ‘me’, ‘my’, ‘you’, ‘yours’, ‘yourself’ and ‘hirer’ refers jointly and severally to the person or persons who are the customers.
‘Customer’ means the person or persons nominated as the hirer under the heading ‘Hirers Name / Contact’ on the Rental Agreement, any person whose credit or debit card is presented in payment of the Customer’s charges, or any person who deems themselves to be the legal entity and ultimately responsible for the motorhome. Should the legal entity be different from the driver, then full name, address and contact phone numbers must be supplied.
‘RV There Yet’ means RV There Yet Ltd, Ingleside, Leslie, Fife, KY6 3JA
‘This Agreement’ means the Rental Agreement, the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement and these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and any other RV There Yet literature, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply
‘Booking’ the confirmed reservation of a motorhome hire and includes the payment of the Booking deposit and/ or full balance for the rental.
‘Booking Deposit’ means the monetary amount required to confirm the motorhome booking.
‘Rental Period’ Means the hire period as stated on the Rental Agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the Vehicle is in the Customer’s possession or control.
‘Vehicle’ Means the Vehicle as stated on the Rental Agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the Living Equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the Vehicle and any replacement or substitute Vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Just go.
‘Living Equipment’ Includes but is not limited to the following; TV, DVD player & aerial, Radio/USB stereo, oven, crockery, cutlery & cooking utensils.
‘Security Deposit’ Means the amount held as security by RV There Yet in relation to this hire.
‘Overhead damage’ Is deemed as any damage sustained to any part of the Vehicle, its equipment and or any third party property which occurs above 6 feet (1.83 metres) in height measured from the ground upwards.
Ingleside, Leslie, Fife, KY6 3JA, Scotland
2. Depot hours
Summer Hours: 2nd March to 31st October
- Monday to Friday: 08h00 – 17h00*
- Saturday: 09h00 – 16h00*
- Sundays, Christmas & New Year: closed
Winter hours: 1st November to 1st March.
- Monday to Friday: 09h00 – 16h00*
- Saturday: 08h00 – 16h00*
- Sundays, Christmas & New Year: closed
*Last collection time for all Vehicles is 1 hour prior to depot closing; it typically takes 1 hour to hand over the Vehicle, all systems required to check out the Vehicle are closed off 1 hour prior to depot closure and staff are unable to process any collections or returns after this time. Unfortunately, if you do arrive after this close off time you will need to make alternative arrangements, at your own cost until the office re-opens the next working day.
3. Hire rates quoted include:
- Unlimited miles
- UK standard Vehicle insurance*
- UK Standard equipment & breakdown**
All prices quoted in the Agreement are gross prices.
*Insurance loading. In some cases, RV There Yet will incur additional charges if the driver to be insured has a traffic conviction, more than 1 insurance claim or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk. These charges will be passed onto the Customer.
**RV There Yet will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the motorhome. Any call out charges necessitated by the client through operator error, e.g. a flat Vehicle battery, wrong or insufficient fuel, keys locked in a motorhome etc, will be the responsibility of the client.
4. Minimum Hire
This ranges from 2 to 7 nights depending on the season. RV There Yet reserves the right to increase the minimum hire period for certain events.
5. One-way hire
RV There Yet do not do one way hire.
A Booking is only binding after it has been confirmed by RV There Yet and a Booking deposit payment of 50% of the total hire cost has been received. Our terms and conditions including cancellation policy apply from this point. Once the Booking is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent out to the client. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due six weeks prior to departure. RV There Yet reserves the right to cancel the Booking if payment is not received six weeks prior to departure. Payment is accepted by bank transfers or PayPal.
For late Bookings (less than six weeks before departure) the full rental price is payable on Booking. Vehicles will not be released without full payment being completed. RV There Yet reserves the right to increase the Booking deposit for certain events or promotions.
7. Cancellation charges
- More than 6 weeks before: 50% of total hire cost or Booking Deposit (whichever is greater)
- 6 weeks – 4 weeks: 75% of total hire charge
- >4 weeks – No Show: 100% of total hire charge
A ‘No Show’ is deemed as the Customer not presenting themselves on the first day of the Rental Period to collect their motorhome and not communicating to RV There Yet prior to this date that they will be collecting the Vehicle on an alternative date/time within the booked Rental Period. Should the hire be deemed a No Show, the Booking will be automatically cancelled at close of business that day and the Vehicle will be released for re-hire by another party. No refunds whatsoever will be due.
RV There Yet cannot postpone or transfer money from one hire to another. RV There Yet reserves the right to amend our cancellation policy for certain events.
Covid 19 Cancellation policy – Valid for all Bookings made from the 1st November 2020. A full, no quibble 100% refund on your Booking or postponement without penalty, if the UK government imposes restrictions that cause the following:
- UK government guidance causes closure of the RV There Yet depot on the date when your collection is due to take place
- UK government guidance advises a full UK-wide lockdown resulting in a full ban on all non-essential travel over the dates you are due to hire
- Bedding Double set (duvet & pillow, bedding covers and towel) £50.00 (per set, per rental)
- Outside dinning (table/chairs) £5.00 per night, per set
- Bike rack (holds up to 4 bikes) £7.00 per night
- UK License, Convictions with the following codes may not get cover AC, BA, CD, DD, DR, MS, TT, UT and IN. Please check with RV There Yet if you wish to insure a driver who has any of these endorsement codes on their licence even if you think they have expired
- Child seats: £30.00 per seat, per rental
- Motorhome refill package: £99.00 (terms apply, please see section 11, Motorhome refill package)
- Car parking: free parking (terms apply, please see section 12, Car Parking facilities)
- Snow chains: £25.00 per set of 2 chains to cover driving wheels, per hire
- Toilet chemicals: £12.00 per 1.5 litre bottle (purchased not rented)
- Toilet paper: £3.00 per pack of 4 rolls (purchased not rented)
- Disposable BBQ: £5.00 per item (purchased not rented)
- AdBlue: £12.00 per 10 litre bottle (purchased not rented)
For extras that are charged on a nightly basis the maximum charge term is 21 nights. All extras are subject to availability.
9. European Travel
For those travelling within Europe there is an additional charge of £15.00 per night for European cover (including European roadside assistance). European cover is mandatory and you will be in breach of these terms and conditions should you take a motorhome into Europe without taking out the additional European cover. Maximum charge term for European cover is 21 nights.
The following Countries are covered by the European Travel Insurance:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland (including Liechtenstein), Sweden.
Travel outside of the countries listed above will be in breach of these terms and conditions and you will not be covered by any insurance. Please check your route carefully and ensure you do not go outside of these countries.
10. Ireland Travel
For those travelling within Ireland there is an additional charge of £10.00 per night for your Ireland cover (including Irish roadside assistance). Ireland cover is mandatory and you will be in breach of these terms and conditions should you take a motorhome into Ireland without taking out Ireland cover insurance. Maximum charge term for Ireland cover is 21 nights.
11. Motorhome refill package
Rv There Yet offers a refill package which means that you can return the motorhome empty of diesel, gas and AdBlue and we will refill all of them for a single charge of £99.00. The refill package must be pre-booked and pre-paid for in advance and prior to your departure and is only offered to hirers returning to the depot. It cannot be taken out on return of the motorhome. Should any of the tanks not be completely empty on your return or you hired a Vehicle that does not require AdBlue, no refund or discount is offered on the price of the package. Should you choose to not take this out in advance and return the motorhome with any of the diesel, gas or AdBlue tanks not completely full then our standard refill charges will apply, please see section 17, Rental and other charges for full details. Subject to availability.
12. Car Parking facilities
RV There Yet does allow Customers to leave their Vehicles at their own risk onsite for the duration of their motorhome hire as long as:
- they do so at their own risk; RV There Yet cannot and will not be held liable for any damage caused to their Vehicle whilst on site
- the Customer locks and secures their Vehicle and removes any personal items on show
- the Customer retains custody of their Vehicles keys
Note: car parking spaces are on a first come first served bases and are not guaranteed. Should RV There Yet not be able to provide car parking facilities, RV There Yet will not be held liable and will not cover the cost of alternative parking facilities or the transport to and from its location.
13. Motorhome Collection & Return
- Collection: Standard collection times are between 14h00 – 16h00. You must arrive at least 1 hour prior to depot closing. Please see section 2, depot hours for further details. Please allow 1 hour for the hand-over at the depot; this allows us to complete the documentation and demonstrate your Vehicle to you. All drivers need to be present on collection of the motorhome and must bring their full valid licence, passport, proof of identity we require a copy of 2 proofs of address (utility bill/bank statement/council tax bill) must be in name of main authorised driver dated within the last 3 months and cannot be a mobile phone bill and money to transfer by bacs or PayPal their Security Deposit. Please see section 27, Drivers for further details.
Note: RV There Yet will make every effort to have your motorhome ready for the collection time you have selected however RV There Yet cannot guarantee that your Vehicle will be ready for this time. Should this be the case no refunds will be due to you, there will be no extension of your hire, and the motorhome will still be required to be returned in accordance with the details set out below.
- Return: Standard return times are between 08h00 – 10h00. The Vehicle must be returned on the correct date and before the time stated on the rental agreement. Hirer will be liable for the full Security Deposit amount should they abandon the Vehicle without agreement from RV There Yet – please allow 1 hour for the hand-over at the depot. Vehicles must be returned undamaged, with a full tank of diesel, AdBlue and gas unless the Motorhome refill package has been purchased in advance, see section 11. The waste water and toilet cassette must be emptied prior to return and the interior clean, in the same conditions as when the motorhome left the depot otherwise a charge will be made for additional valeting and/or upholstery cleaning if required. In addition, a separate toilet cleaning fee will apply if the toilet waste tank is not empty on return. Please see section 17, Rental and other charges for further details. Please note that there are no toilet emptying facilities at RV There Yet’s depot so this must be emptied prior to return.
- Lost property: It is the hirers’ responsibility to make sure that upon return of the motorhome all of their personal possessions & rubbish are removed from the Vehicle. The Vehicle may be going back out again on hire that same day, RV There Yet cannot be held responsible should an item be left on board. RV There Yet will do our upmost to contact the hirer if items are handed in, these items will only be stored for 2 weeks before disposal/charity.
- Late return: If you will be late returning, RV There Yet must be advised immediately. Failure to do so may result in a prosecution for driving whilst uninsured. An additional charge of £100.00 per hour will also be payable for all late returns
14. Motorhome Systems
RV There Yet will carry out a full Pre Checkout Inspection (PCI) on every motorhome before the commencement of your hire. The PCI involves testing every system on board the motorhome to ensure they are operating correctly. In conjunction with this the hirer will be taken on a tour of the motorhome and shown how each system works. Should an on board system fail during your hire, RV There Yet will make every effort to remedy the fault whilst you are away but in some circumstances this may not be possible and RV There Yet cannot be held responsible and will not refund any monies should a loss of service be encountered nor have any obligation to provide a replacement Vehicle. RV There Yet cannot be held responsible for any consequential events, losses or costs arising out of the failure of any items/system on board the motorhome. In the case of winter hire, RV There Yet cannot and will not be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconveniences caused by freezing conditions. This is the responsibility of the hirer.
15. Vehicle acceptance
- You acknowledge having received the Vehicle in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the Motorhome Handover Checklist and with a full diesel tank, full AdBlue tank, full LPG gas bottle and full fresh water tank
- You acknowledge that RV There Yet will not refund to you any monies if the Vehicle is returned or you cease to have use of the Vehicle or an item of equipment on the Vehicle prior to the return date for any reason e.g. Accident, weather, theft or damage
16. Change of Vehicle
RV There Yet reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute a comparable Vehicle for the Vehicle ordered. In that event, you shall not be liable for any increased rental pertaining to the substitute Vehicle. Such substitution shall not entitle you to any refund and does not constitute a breach of This Agreement.
Should the Customer decide to change the motorhome that they have booked, subject to availability RV There Yet will try to accommodate the request where possible. Should there be an increase in the daily rental cost, the client will be liable for the increased premium in line with section 6, payment terms. Should the daily rental cost be lower, the original booked price will stand and no refund will be given. Should RV There Yet not be able to accommodate the request and the Customers decides to cancel the Booking, RV There Yet cancellation terms shall apply, see section 7, cancellation charges for more details.
17. Rental and Other Charges
You will pay RV There Yet:
a. All rental charges
b. The security deposit
c. Administration fee of £25.00 per amendment of a confirmed Booking or per penalty charge notice received
d. The nominated valeting fee and /or upholstery cleaning fee if the Vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition
e. The nominated additional fee of £150.00 if the toilet and waste water tank are not emptied prior to the return of the Vehicle
f. The nominated refilling fee should any of the Diesel, AdBlue and or the LPG tanks not be returned completely full (unless the fuel package was pre-purchased prior to departure) are:
- ¾ to full = £75.00
- ½ to ¾ full = £90.00
- ¼ to ½ full = £120.00
- empty to ¼ full = £140.00
- £40.00 regardless of level
- £25.00 regardless of level
g. The Late fee of £100.00 per hour should the Vehicle be returned after the agreed time as stated on the rental agreement
h. The nominated cancellation fee as per the cancellation policy in the event of cancellation of This Agreement prior to acceptance or delivery of the Vehicle
i. The cost of any damage to the Vehicle or third party property, subject to the insurance cover.
j. The insurance excess should there be damage involving third party property or the theft of the Vehicle. This applies in respect of each claim, not hire.
k. All government fees and duties etc
l. All parking fines, other fines for example for Fly Tipping or penalties and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the Vehicle during the Rental Period
m. Any other fees or charges payablee by you pursuant to This Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by RV There Yet as a result of any breach by you of the terms of This Agreement
n. Demurrage; the nightly rental rate for the period the Vehicle is off fleet; e.g. for accident repairs
o. Any additional costs over and above the Security Deposit value should damages exceed the Security Deposit value
p. The cost to recover a Vehicle
q. In the case of gross negligence RV There Yet reserves the right to recover full costs in order to return the motorhome to the state in which it was handed over
18. Errors in Rental Charges
Total charges as set out therein are not final. You agree to pay any shortfall in charges to RV There Yet and you will receive a refund for any overcharge acknowledged by RV There Yet.
19. Security Deposit
There is a refundable GB£750.00 Security Deposit payable by BACS of Paypal. RV There Yet reserves the right to increase the Security Deposit in certain circumstances or for specific events e.g. World Cup events, Festivals, clients travelling with pets, for any other hire where the Motorhome is carrying 4 or more adults and if the Security Deposit is paid in cash to GB£1000.00. Cheque payments are not accepted against the Security Deposit.
a. On taking delivery of the Vehicle, you agree to pay the Security Deposit
b. You irrevocably authorise RV There Yet to deduct from the Security Deposit any amounts due by you to RV There Yet arising out of This Agreement
c. In the event that RV There Yet elects to accept payment of the Security Deposit by holding an open security payment; a pre-authorisation for the full security amount will be processed and authorised by the Customer either by entering their card details and submitting them through our online self check in system or by inputting their card into our card terminal and entering their pin number
d. The Security Deposit will be refunded within 2 working days once the Vehicle has been returned to the depot as per the criteria set out in section 13, Motorhome collection and return and as long as there are no outstanding insurance claims. It will not be refunded on return of the motorhome. If it was paid for in cash, this will be refunded by bank transfer.
e. Should any damages or costs exceed the Security Deposit the Customer will be responsible to settle all additional costs over and above the Security Deposit value within 7 days of being notified of the cost.
Note: Where the hirer has opted for the CDW option and has complied with its terms stated below (clause 29), no excess will be charged in the event of a Road traffic accident (RTA) or collision, but they should be aware that the Security Deposit will be used to fund any loss or damage what so ever to equipment, fixtures and fittings, windows, valeting or upholstery fees, refuelling costs or negligent damage to the Vehicle. Should these damages exceed the Security Deposit held, the Customer will be liable for the total cost and the difference will need to be settled within 7 days of returning the motorhome.
20. Use of the Vehicle
You agree that during the Rental Period, you will not and will not allow the Vehicle to be:
a. Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner
b. Used in a manner which could cause damage
c. Driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated by you to RV There Yet
d. Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law
e. Left open whilst the Vehicle is unoccupied
f. Left with the ignition key in the Vehicle while it is unoccupied
g. Left unoccupied without the TV/DVD covered
h. Driven by persons
i. Under the age of 25 years
ii. Aged 76 or over
iii. Who is not authorised by law to drive the Vehicle. Particulars of a proposed licensed driver of the Vehicle are set out under the heading ‘Hire’s name/ contact’ on the Rental Agreement
i. Damaged by:
i. Submersion in water
ii. Contact with Salt Water
j. Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest
k. Used to tow any Vehicle or trailer
l. Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
m. Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the Vehicle manual or on the Vehicle or specified in This Agreement
n. Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material
o. Otherwise used in breach of my obligations under This Agreement
21. Road Restrictions
a. All Vehicles may only be driven on sealed / bitumen roads
b. You acknowledge that RV There Yet reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict Vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause
22. Alterations to the Vehicle
You shall not make any alterations or additions to the Vehicle without the prior written consent of RV There Yet.
23. Title to Vehicle
You acknowledge that RV There Yet retains title to the Vehicle and its contents and that you possess the goods as a mere bailee only. You do not have any right to pledge RV There Yet’s credit in connection with the Vehicle and agree not to do so. You shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the Vehicle.
All RV There Yet motorhomes are non-smoking Vehicles which includes the use of vapes & e-cigarette. RV There Yet reserves the right to impose additional Valeting and or Upholstery cleaning fees and charge demurrage should smoke be detected in the motorhome.
RV There Yet authorises the use of these Vehicles up to the stated number of passengers. Each person is to use the safety restraints provided at all times whilst the Vehicle is in motion. Here listed are the numbers of people, including the driver that each motorhome can legally carry: 2 berth = 2 passengers, 4 berth = 4 passengers, 5 berth = 5 passengers, 6 berth = 6 passengers. Carrying more than the specified number of passenger is against the law and in breach of This Agreement. Child seats are available (see section 8 Extras for applicable fees) and it is the responsibility of the hirer to fit them themselves. Children up to 12 years of age or 135cm in height, which ever they reach first, must use the correct child restraints appropriate for their weight/height under UK law.
RV There Yet does not authorise pet(s) to be taken on board currently, if it is discovered that a pet has been taken on board by found evidence, pet hairs, damage to interior for chewing the hirer will default their security deposit.
- Age limits:
- Standard insurance: 25 to 70 years
- Insurance for over 70’s drivers: 71- 75 years. This is by special request and agreement only with RV There Yet & their insurer. RV There Yet must be notified at the time of Booking should any driver be over the age of 70.
- All drivers must have held a valid licence for more than 3 years that entitles them to drive a UK category B Vehicle up to 3500kg GMW
- The driver must be able to demonstrate that they have driven on a regular basis (More than 3 times per week) for at least 3 years and feel confident to drive a Vehicle of the dimensions of our largest motorhome 7.5m long 2.4m wide and 3.2m high
- Drivers holding only an automatic driving licence can only hire our auto models and this must be declared at the time of Booking
- All drivers must be present at checkout of the Motorhome. No exceptions can be made
- Production of a full, valid standard driver’s licence, as well as a valid passport are required from all drivers at the start of hire
- Copies will be taken of all identification presented and will be retained for 7 years for the purpose of, but not limited to the defence of any legal claim(s)
- If you have a photocard GB licence we require the authorised driver to have with them the DVLA license check documents produced no more than 3 days before hire commences from the DVLA’s online system. We are unable to insure you if you have not DVLA checked your licence details
- If you have a modern Northern Ireland licence, we require both the photocard and the paper counterpart
- Your licence address must be your current home address, if not, then in addition to this we will require both a utility bill or bank statement which has your name and current address listed dated no more than 3 months ago.
- All drivers whose licences are issued outside of the EU or Commonwealth are required to supply a valid International driving permit alongside your standard licence at the start of hire. This must be issued in the country your standard licence was issued and must confirm you are able to drive a UK category B Vehicle up to 3500kg GMW. Should any driver fail to present all the correct documentation and identification on collection of the motorhome or do not meet the driver requirements stated in the terms and conditions, then RV There Yet will be unable to release the motorhome and no refunds will be given
- Endorsements on licences: you must declare at the time of Booking if there are any endorsements on your licence. RV There Yet can accept up to 3 speeding points that occurred within the last 3 years (charges apply). For more than 6 points or for any conviction other than for speeding, including, but not limited to the following codes: AC, BA, CD, DD, DR, IN, LC, MS, UT, MR and TT or for any driver disqualification within the last 5 years RV There Yet will not be able to get cover. No refund will be given if the hire is cancelled because we are unable to insure you to drive.
- Insurance claims: You must declare at the time of Booking if you have made or had Vehicle insurance claim made against you within the last 5 years. RV There Yet may not be able to get cover should you have had 2 or more claims within the last 3 years
- Driver occupations: you must declare your occupation on collection of the Vehicle. RV There Yet may not be able to offer cover for the following occupations:
- Sports personalities
- Serving Foreign Armed services personal
- Embassy employees based in the UK
- Students under the age of 30
Should the driver not disclose that they fulfil one of the above occupations even in a part time capacity, this will render the agreement as void and the hirer will be fully liable.
- Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g.: parking tickets, congestion charges, speeding fines, fly tipping fines) which are incurred during the period of hire
- RV There Yet is unable to insure any driver with no fixed abode
28. Insurance (provided all the personal information supplied is correct)
The Vehicle is insured for theft and damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the Customer (including death or bodily injury to the driver) or cover any personal possessions. The Vehicle insurance is arranged by MarketStudy Insurance Services limited. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of GB£750.00 per accident, reported incident or Vehicle theft. In the event of any damage to either the Vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the first GB£750.00 per claim. In the event of the theft of the Vehicle, the hirer will be liable for the full cost of the Vehicle; once a theft has been reported to both RV There Yet and the police, a claim will be lodged with the insurer. The keys must be returned to RV There Yet. Should the insurer accept the claim and agrees to reimburse RV There Yet for the cost of the Vehicle, the liability to the hirer will reduce to the first GB£750.00 of the claim (excess). Please note: if the keys are not returned to RV There Yet, the insurer will not accept the claim and liability for the full cost of the Vehicle will remain with the hirer.
Only persons named on the Rental Agreement are insured to drive the Vehicle. Please note that no insurance cover is offered for Overhead Damage, any damaged deemed as gross negligence, or any internal damages therefore the hirer accepts fully liability for these which is in addition to the standard Vehicle excess should that apply. Windscreens and /or tyre damage is not covered by the standard Vehicle insurance and therefore excess monies will be used.
RV There Yet will be responsible should damage to personal possessions or bodily injury occur (including death) as a result of proven gross negligence on RV There Yet’s part i.e. our actions or failure to act. RV There Yet will not be responsible for any loss which is a side effect of the main loss e.g. loss of profits or opportunity. This is separate from the Vehicle insurance provided.
29. Vehicle Damage – Insurance Cover
You are aware that:
a. The Vehicle is insured for damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the Customer or their possessions
b. The Standard Insurance does not cover Overhead Damage. The hirer will be responsible for the cost to repair all damages
c. You will have to pay an excess for any Insurance claim regardless of which party is at fault for the accident. The insurance excess is GB£500.00 per claim, not per rental
d. You will not have any insurance cover and you will be responsible for the total cost of any damage if you breach any of the terms of This Agreement
e. You will be responsible for any damage caused through gross negligence.
30. Responsibility when accident occurs
a. In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, you will
i. Notify RV There Yet within 24hrs of the happening of the event
ii. Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station
iii. Complete an accident claim form as supplied
iv. If the accident occurs in Europe then in addition you must complete the European accident report form as supplied
v. Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer
vi. Assist RV There Yet in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence
b. You acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by you in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the Rental Period, regardless of which party is at fault
c. You will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over Vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault
d. No Security Deposit or insurance excess will be refunded until any claim is settled
a. You shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including checking oil, coolant and AdBlue levels, tyre pressures and batteries.
b. You are aware that the Vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of diesel, AdBlue and a full tank of gas and that it is your responsibility to replenish these throughout the hire and return these all full otherwise charges will apply. RV There Yet will not be held responsible should you run out of any of these during the hire
c. You acknowledge that RV There Yet will reimburse you for expenditure up to UK £40.00 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the drive train and engine of the Vehicle (not including the water system, refrigerator, heating, audio and DVD equipment, provided that:
i. You produce relevant receipts: and
ii. You have received the prior consent of RV There Yet
iii. The damage is not due to hirer fault or their breach of This Agreement
d. Subject to the terms of This Agreement, you will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the Rental Period. RV There Yet will reimburse you for expenditure reasonably incurred if:
i. The tyre is defective and is returned by you to RV There Yet for inspection; and
ii. You produce relevant receipts; and
iii. The manufacturer accepts liability under his warranty
e. You will be liable for any costs associated with allowing the engine oil, coolants or AdBlue to run empty and cause damage to the Vehicle’s engine
f. You will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All RV There Yet vehicles run on DIESEL
32. Payment of Charges, Joint and Several Liability
All charges and expenses payable by the hirer under This Agreement are due on demand by RV There Yet. If the hirer does not pay all charges on time, you agree to pay interest at 1.5% per month above the base rate as published by HSBC on the outstanding balance and any additional costs incurred by RV There Yet, including reasonable legal fees to recover the outstanding money owed. When the Customer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the Customer pursuant to This Agreement.
33. Terminating the Agreement
Please acknowledge that RV There Yet may terminate This Agreement and repossess the Vehicle at any time, without notification to the hirer, and that they will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the Vehicle, including towing charges if:
a. You are in breach of any term of This Agreement
b. You have obtained the Vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation
c. Any statement, representation or warranty made by you in respect to yourself or additional drivers is incorrect
d. The Vehicle appears to be abandoned
e. The Vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or RV There Yet reasonably believes that the Vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date
f. RV There Yet considers on reasonable grounds that the safety of passengers or the condition of the Vehicle is in danger. You understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, you have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit
34. Release and Indemnity of RV There Yet
a. Subject to its obligation to deliver the Vehicle or an appropriate substitute Vehicle, you release RV There Yet, its employees and agents, from any liability to you (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by you by reason of This Agreement, including but not limited to:
i. Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the Vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose
ii. Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the Vehicle, in any service Vehicle or on any RV There Yet premises or recovered or handled by RV There Yet.
b. Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with RV There Yet, you hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified RV There Yet, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the Vehicle
Any changes to This Agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of RV There Yet and the hirer.
36. Force Majeure
Just go will make every effort to ensure that the reserved Motorhome is available for you at the correct time. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, this is not possible and if an alternative or acceptable Motorhome is not available our liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by you.
37. My Warranties
You warrant that all information supplied by you to RV There Yet in connection with This Agreement is true.
38. Proper Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the law of Great Britain in which This Agreement was signed.
39. Data Protection
- To fulfill this contract/ agreement placed with us, including but not limited to motorhome hire and production of the Rental agreement, your personal data including copies of all identification documents provided and all data entered in the Rental Agreement will be retained for 7 years for the purpose of, but not limited to the defense of any legal claim(s)
- To fulfill our legal requirements as a Vehicle rental company
- We will not transfer your personal data to any third party outside the THL group, unless:
- It is for on road Vehicle assistance for example Vehicle recovery/breakdown providers and repair workshops
- It is to our insurer and Alan Boswell Group, our broker.
- It is to the police, local authorities, councils or DVLA if we suspect or are notified that a road traffic offence/ contravention has occurred
- It is to local authorities, councils and private parking companies if we suspect or are notified that you breached private parking terms and conditions, dart and congestion charges
- To insurance companies if we suspect or are notified of an incident with a third party
- It is to the police, DVLA and Customs and Port authorities if we suspect or are alerted to criminal activity
- Our bank or merchant provider in line with transactional processing
- You are in breach of our agreement in which case we may notify the BVRLA’s RISC database, police, our solicitors, debt collection agencies, credit reference agencies and any other relevant organizations
- The third party is our subcontractor or a member of our companies, who is processing personal data on our behalf securely and in accordance with our instructions
- It is between software systems that we use for the purpose of our business as a Vehicle rental company including but not limited to Aurora, Cosmos, Sugar CRM, Workshop software, Airtables, Google drive, Mailchimp
- It is for feedback on our products and services provided
- You have submitted a photo into a competition that we have run. By entering our competition you agree to the photo(s) you submit being posted to our website, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest and other social media sites. We may also use it for posters and advertising and share with our partners, wholesale and web-based agents for them to use for their own marketing purposes
- It is otherwise authorised under the Data Protection Act
- We are part of the THL group and we and our group of companies may use your personal information for marketing purposes and to keep you informed by post, telephone, sms, email or other electronic means about products and services which may be of interest to you. We will only contact you if you have selected to hear about our services and offers on our feedback form that is completed at the end of your hire and we will only use the contact methods that you have agreed to. If at any point you would like to stop receiving information from us, you can click unsubscribe at the base of any email and we will remove your name from the marketing database.
By entering into This Agreement, you agree that we can process and store your personal information in connection with This Agreement including data collected from the Vehicle which may include your location(s) from our Vehicle tracking system and also diagnostics (telematics). We may use your information to analyse statistics, for market research, credit control and to protect our assets.
You agree that if you break the terms of This Agreement we can pass your personal information to any relevant organisation. We can also give this information to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), which can share your personal information with its members to prevent crime and protect their assets, as allowed under the Data Protection Act 1998.
42. Entire Agreement
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of This Agreement. RV There Yet reserves the right to add or amend the Vehicle specifications and rental charges without prior notice. This Agreement does not affect your statuary rights under civil law.
Last updated 1st November 2020